Send your UUID
Sometimes, you will need to get your device's UDID (User Device Identification number.) There are a number of ways to do this; perhaps the easiest and least-error-prone is to download Erica's ad-hoc helper app (free.)
The Easy Way:
- This app will help you email your UDID to yourself or anyone else.
- The link redirects to the iTunes App Store; iTunes must be installed.
- NOTE: The device UDID is needed for ad-hoc provisioning.
- NOTE: To work, this app requires that you to Set-up_mail on your device.
The Not-As-Easy Way:
If you wanted, you COULD do...
- Plug your device into the computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Select the device in iTunes (left-column.)
- Select the SUMMARY tab (top.)
- Where it shows the SERIAL NUMBER, click on the number (a random-looking series of numbers & letters.)
- The words SERIAL NUMBER will change to IDENTIFIER (UDID) (followed by a different, longer, random-looking series of numbers & letters.)
- CMD-C to copy.
- NOTE: there will be NO INDICATION, WHATSOEVER that you copied anything.
- Launch email.
- CMD-V to paste.
...however, experience has shown that these steps are prone to human error, and the ad-hoc app method, above, works much more smoothly.