Who is "ManyFriends"?
In general terms
In addition to being a domain-name owned by him, ManyFriends.com is the business name used by Ted Oliverio for contract development work. By and large, ManyFriends.com is Ted. However, a lot of what gets done couldn't be done without the help of many friends and, so, there is a small network of "psuedo-partners" or associates -- all covered under NDA and who, like Ted, have your best interests at heart. They help with things like design decisions, technical challenges, pre-client-preview testing, etc.
The Many Friends
In addition, we have a small network of artists, voice actors, sound-effects people, musicians, UI designers and additional developers on whom we can call, should the need arise. As with the others, these people are selected for their reliability, quality of work and professionalism.
But who is ManyFriends DEEP DOWN?
Now, there's a point worth elaborating: our general business philosophy is that it is in our best interest to make sure that you're a happy customer. If we do good work and you're happy about it, you'll tell others, and our business will grow. Some first-time clients -- or those who have had a bad contract experience elsewhere -- are nervous about being "taken for a ride" or otherwise being subject to some minor swindling. To be honest, even ignoring the karmic challenges involved, we just don't see the profit in that. If I squeeze you out of a few extra dollars, take shortcuts with your project and you're unhappy when it's over, then I have to work twice as hard to find the next
mark client. Whereas, if I work extra hard, do a nice job on the project including the little details, toss in a few small updates at no charge and generally treat you well, word will spread and the work will come flowing in faster than I know what to do with it. Seeing as how I'm generally lazy when it comes to drumming up new business, I strongly prefer the latter scenario over the former.
And that's where I'm at with that.
Shipped iPhone Apps
(A.K.A. "But what have you done?")
Our own apps
- We have several apps in the store under my company name, ManyFriends.com.
- On Oct 8, 2015, we released World of RoboFarmCraft ("WoRFC"), our largest in-house effort, to date.
- We continue to update WoRFC on a regular basis, and it has become quite a nice mature product. :)
Apps contracted for others
NOTE: Some of the apps listed below are no longer available in the iTunes store for various reasons best known to the app's owner.
- SnapPost 4 eBay was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to SnapPost, Inc.
- We did most of the early development though, after the project stalled in late Beta, someone else did some of the final UI adjustments and other changes (I'm not sure what-all).
- BillMyRounds was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to All Documents
- A simple audio recording app with upload capabilities.
- Later updated to include images/video, scribble-notes (alone or over images) and other note-taking features.
- Dusty The Digger was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Funloop
- A children's "busy board" story/game with a general-purpose, reusable playback engine.
- NightHaven was developed by ManyFriends.com in partnership with Kranky Panda Studios for Digital Chocolate. ManyFriends did most of the user-facing programming.
- Combines adventure, strategy, and RPG genres with elements of farming with a fair bit of depth both in gameplay and technology.
- Digital Chocolate decided to pull NightHaven from the app store for their own reasons.
- Blind Frog was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to GuruHubb.
- A cute kid's game where you guide the frog's tongue to eat flies. :)
- Blind Frog is no longer available in the iTunes store.
- Aloe ABC was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Aloe Apps.
- Children's "learn your alphabet" app.
- Aloe ABC is no longer available in the iTunes store.
- Killer Guns was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Peekabui.
- (This project was largely a re-skinning of their earlier Gunz app, with some simple feature additions.)
- QuaMe was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Chris Hogg, and placed 4th in the Health 2.0 Data Challenge, Analyze This!
- Updates to turn this into a commercial app (available in the app store) are in progress.
- Assassins Elite was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to High Gravity Software.
- Client/server stealth assassins game.
- I am no longer able to find this app in the iTunes store. Assassins Elite used the Location Services API to play a cat & mouse similar to the popular college campus game.
- Moodscape was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Peekabui.
- Client/server world-mood reporting app displaying data on world-map.
- DIYGenomics was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to DIYGenomics.
- Genetic research database/article lookup table.
- The Scribbler was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Peekabui.
- Art/drawing program that makes heavy use of Open-GL, ported from Ze Frank's original Flash.
- The Scribbler-HD was more than just a quick iPad port, a lot of the underlying engine was re-done and performance was significantly improved. The outward feature set is nearly the same as the iPhone version, though.
- Less than 24 hrs after it was posted to the iTunes store, Apple featured Scribbler-HD in its New And Noteworthy section.
- Idioms In English was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to AmEnglish.com, in cooperation with investors shown the demo/prototype app created earlier.
- Scholastic presentation + game app to help teach American English idioms. The first version is specifically aimed at Korean students.
- Gunz was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Peekabui.
- Revolver + 1911-style Gun simulation app, with in-app purchases of additional content.
- Gunz has had several updates, including the addition of special handling for the Glock and In-App-Purchase for the premium gunz.
- Las Vegas Killer Pimps & Hos was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Nebulousoft
- Strategy/resource management/shooter/mission game, set in the down & out sections of Sin City.
- MedSpan //, produced by ManyFriends.com under contract, introduced substantially more content and a much more fluid interface, updating the original app.
- Medical intake questionnaire with Spanish/English translations, saved & emailed interviews.
- Loc@List (formerly @List) was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to atlist.mobi
- Shopping/to-do list showing items sorted by what is nearby using location services.
- (App removed from iTunes store by AtList. Formerly at Loc@List)
- An Idioms In English prototype was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract and used to procure investment capital.
- 3 Stooges In Your Pocket® was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Peekabui.
- Novelty sound app emulating the popular keychain item with authentic, licensed content.
- (App removed from iTunes store by Peekabui. Formerly at 3 Stooges In Your Pocket®)
- Cajun In Your Pocket® was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Peekabui.
- (App removed from iTunes store by Peekabui. Formerly at Cajun In Your Pocket®)
- MedSpan was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to JMedConsulting.
- iRevolver was produced by ManyFriends.com under contract to Peekabui.
- Revolver simulation game with in-app-purchase and ads (free version only.)
- Watch a YouTube video made by fans of iRevolver. (CAUTION: contains mild/simulated violence, but is otherwise humorous.)
- MSNBC has declared iRevolver to be the #6 most offensive app in the iTunes store. Feh!
- There have been several iRevolver updates since the original. This product-line is constantly evolving. The most recent includes iAds and In-App-Purchase for the free version (iRevolver:Lite.)
- Derivative works include:
- While I did not write the original app, under contract I have improved and expanded the platform used to create the video and picture apps by On The Go Girls.
- On The Go Girls is no longer available in the iTunes Store.
- Similarly, we added features and augmented Fingerprint Security app by Empire Apps, and wrote the app/engine used to create their several photo apps.
- We have more apps currently "in review" by Apple. Watch this space!
- In addition, the nature of contract development is that there are always new apps being reviewed/released. Ask us for the lastest updates.
- You'll notice quite a bit of repeat business, here. I have excellent references!