Old News: A stroll down memory lane --
lest we forget.
- November 12, 2002: FoosMan! gets a prettier look! Teams are coming "soon!" The client seems
to work on Windows-2000, at least.
- November 12, 2002: We put a new toy, the
Price Checker, up for public testing this week.
- October 8, 2002: More updates to FoosMan! We're getting closer to having a working Windows
client and, soon, you'll be able to join teams and issue tournament challenges!
- September 12, 2002: More updates to make FoosMan! more playable, as it approaches the
public beta period. For the most part, it works fairly well, with the exception that the install
process is harrowing, and little tech support is available. Still, it's worth a peek, if you're
interested and can do most of your own tech support.
- August 29, 2002: The August 9 version of FoosMan! unconvered some interesting bugs. Now
1.01a1 is in the hands of the public, and will probably be a bit more testable. Thanks to all
our Many Friends who helped out!
- August 9, 2002: FoosMan! is "almost, but not quite" in public testing! Everything is new and
in a preliminary state, but now you can try it out and make suggestions to shape the
future. Please note that technical and customer support are not yet available so, if you're not
prepared to "figure it out", you may be better off checking back in a month, when things should
run much more smoothly.
- June 30, 2002: The Magnets! rewrite is completely on hold until FoosMan! is stable.
FoosMan! is near ready for public Alpha testing as soon as we get the account-creation and
e-mail infrastructure parts working. Very Soon!
- April 17, 2002: Most of our recent effort has been getting FoosMan! ready for Alpha
testing. The Magnets! rewrite is going well, but will probably not be released until after
FoosMan! makes a public appearance.
- March 8, 2002: A lot of behind-the-scenes work is going on -- Magnets! is getting a big
overhaul to be database centric instead of text-file centric. FoosMan! is nearing its
initial Alpha-testing phase. It shouldn't be too long before both of these toys are unveiled to
- January 30, 2002: Happy new year! You probably can't tell from here, but a great deal
of development is happening under the hood at ManyFriends. Things got off to a slightly slower
start than we anticipated, but we're developing at full steam, now.
- December 27, 2001: Art!, ManyFriends' second toy, goes into pre-Alpha testing.
- December 3, 2001: The ManyFriends website becomes active with its first toy: Magnets!,
still in beta testing. This site will develop at a rapid pace over the next month or two, so
please check back to see the updates.
A portion of Many-Friends' income is used to help educate underprivledged children.
A portion of Many-Friends' income goes to help better the environment.